Monday, March 10, 2003


MARTY
Well, Eileen...jeez, that's hard for me to say. Have you ever been in a
situation where -- well -- you know you have to act a certain way, but
when you get there, you don't know if you can go through with it?

EILEEN
You mean like how you're supposed to act with someone on a first date?

Marty titled his head to the side.

MARTY
Well, sort of....

Eileen nodded, interrupting him.

EILEEN
I think I know exactly what you mean.

MARTY
You do?

Eileen nodded again, slower.

EILEEN
And you know what I do in those situations?

Marty finally looked at her, waiting for the answer.

EILEEN
I don't worry about it!

(BACK TO THE FUTURE Screenplay by Robert Zemeckis & Bob Gale, March 11, 1980)

I wish sometimes that I had Eileen's attitude. Because, well, like Marty, I worry alot in those situations (situations where I'm supposed to act a certain way...).
I'm just glad I don't have to take advantage of my mother when she was my age...because that'd be just plain creepy.

Yah.

No comments: