Saturday, April 17, 2004

I quit my job yesterday.

It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life. For the first time, ever, I couldn't eat breakfast because I felt so nervous. And when time came to talk with my supervisor, even though I had practiced what I had wanted to say in my head a million times, words came out jumbled and anger-laden. "I'm not very good at...confrontations." Much to my suprise, and dare I say, chagrin, He was sympathetic. My last day is this Tuesday.

I may be spending the rest of the summer flipping burgers at "Mickey-Ds," but at least maybe I'll be getting a stable paycheck and at least my employer won't be committing tax fraud to, quote, "keep their heads about water."

If you, the viewers at home, know of any good leads...hook me up.

Peace.

No comments: