Friday, September 09, 2005

Public Transportation Stinks! (literally)

I ride the bus to and from school for a total of 2 hours a day and I see a lot of crazy characters then. But they don't bother me as much as the SMELL does! In my two weeks of commuting, I've experienced a variety of odors, each different and distinct from the other, but ultimately just as nasty. Cat odors, motor oil odors, cat-rolled-in-motor-oil odor, b.o., sweat odor, sweaty perfume odor, stale cigarette smoke odor, fat sweaty person odor, old people smells, halitosis, and more, assault my senses whenever I board. It's almost a game I play, trying to distinguish and label the plethora of stenches embedded in the seats or floating in the air-- a game I always lose, however.
Don't get me wrong, riding the bus saves me a lot of money; I've just gotta invest in some nose plugs.

7 comments:

Jay said...

I travel UTA also. I get all the good smelling girls that go to BYU. And it's only for 10 minutes.

Fat eSpence said...

2 hours a day?!!! Oh wait.
The smell description reminds me of our apartment complex. Each floor had a different ethnic and/or gross smell. 1st floor, Sweet and sour chicken.
2nd floor, Curry!
3rd floor, Fishy!
4th floor, Urine?

kat said...

which floor do you live on spencer?
i'm curious as to which smell you and janna are responsible for.

Fat eSpence said...

Now we live in the basement, and smell like mildew. We used to live on the 7th, and emitted the smell of Bluegrass.

Kirsten said...

do you study while you ride? people always say on the bus you can study while you ride. but the only thing I was able to study on a bus was a really good book like lord of the rings. not school stuff.

Chester B. said...

I have a hard time studying when it's so bumpy. I read my scriptures, do a crossword, listen to music, and people-watch, mostly.

Emily Allan said...

Lol. I am so sensitive to smells, I would probably want to throw up everyday. I am sorry you go through that. I teach the 5 year olds in primary. They are very sweet, but oh so active and weird. Ive got the biggest class. 7 kids!