Thursday, January 25, 2007

Patrick's in a band, as many of you know. More than once, I've told him that he should play "this song" or "that one," or that he should ditch his current band name for something less juvenile... But, to no avail. And then I realized that I was enacting the plot line for almost every sports/arts movie with an over-involved parent. I was trying to live out my own fantasies by proxy. However, I've come to terms with it and changed. Now, I'm just gonna say, "If I were in a band, I would play this song," and hope that he takes the hint.

1 comment:

kat said...

walt disney pictures presents, a movie based on the award winning novel by blandie mcnoonecares...
"i'm with the band", a movie about hope, love, the vicarious reliving of adolescence, and the triumph of the human spirit.
coming this fall to a theater near you!

i'd totally go see that movie.