Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Where's the suggestion box?
This computer lab really needs to install Firefox and iTunes on each computer; c'mon people, it's 2007.

In related news, I have my first ever pharmacy school interview today and I look like either a stockbroker from the 80's or a 2008 presidential hopeful with my shellacked hair, light blue oxford, and striped power tie. Maybe it's the fact that I'll be turning 28 soon or that I'll be a father in less than month, but, I'm starting to look old.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that 28 isn't actually old, per se, so I guess I should just say "older" and dispense with the argument over semantics. But, regardless, the sentiment is still there. And, you know, some people just look older than others. I mean, my brother-in-law will be turning 30 this weekend and I swear he looks way younger than me. I dunno...in Japan, one sister commented that I was "fukete iru." (which literally means looking old)... "Gee, thanks a lot," I should've said, but sarcasm tends to get lost on the Japanese. ANYWAY, my point being, I HATE GETTING OLD.

This is serious; I don't think the flame shoes and vintage "tee" can save me this time. All I can do is embrace it and try to not be too geeky of a dad. If only I could grow facial hair! Oh well.
"Sah," wish me luck.

5 comments:

Candice said...

you don't look old, and trust me, we all feel like that! I've been dealing with Matt turning 30 for like three months now.

kat said...

parenthood, interviews, actual responsibilities... you're not old. but you are becoming a, gulp, grown up.
which might be the same thing as old.

this started out as a supportive comment.

Heather said...

Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up.

but the pay is better.

Good luck!

Kirsten said...

I am confused, you arn't alread in pharmacy school?

Chester B. said...

No, I'm just finishing the pre-req's to get admitted.

I did get an interview with the U though for next week!

Woot toot!