Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back in town...

For the first time in almost 6 years, I'm back in Provo. This time for a 4 week pharmacy institutional clerkship at UVRMC.

Since I'm literally a stone's throw away, I drove past the Villa the other day and was surprised to find that the trees looked taller and that they'd painted the ugly cinderblock buildings in trendy colors to lure unwitting students. Other than that, nothing had changed. I half expected to see somebody I knew as I drove past the entrance to the pool.

I really don't have a lot of free time to reminisce and explore though. I haven't even set foot on BYU's campus yet and, strangely, don't really feel a strong desire to do so. Everything that was special about this place has grown up and moved on.

Although, some things remain constant.

5 comments:

farringtonfamily said...

Ryan...
That sounds like an introspective way to say-I'm all grown-up now! It's like going back to your elementary school when you're in High School..It seems so small! I've heard it said "The only thing that is constant is change"...You are growing so much.I hope your work is going well!

Love,
Mom

kat said...

i was living there when they decided to paint everything in trendy colors (and then raise the rent). the whole thing gave me the strength to grow up and move on.

Janna said...

i loved that radio station...

Heather said...

I took 7 AP classes at Orem High, but I think that radio station was the most important part of my high school education.

All these years later, I still know the exact spot on the freeway near the point of the mountain when 91.7FM changes from religious talk radio to KOHS.

Have you called in a request yet? I totally recommend the experience.

Fat eSpence said...

You're at a seminar, and I'm at a conference learning about health care fraud. Go figure.