Sunday, June 05, 2011

Church with Megan


Megan's like a screaming Tasmanian Devil at church. It doesn't matter how many times she's taken out or how many bribes or activities or promises we make. She screams, she fights with Lauren, she kicks the pew in front, and she knows she can get away with it if she's loud enough and throws a big enough fit. After the benediction today, the Stake Relief Society President sitting behind us remarked, "you made it!" It's so embarrassing.

And I can't even keep myself going by telling myself that I only need to be able to get through Sacrament because she refuses to go to nursery now that Lauren is in primary. I've tried every trick in the book to get her to stay in nursery too. The sneak away, the push through the open door and then slam it, the treat bribe, but she'll have none of it, she'll only stay if I stay. I can't hold her for 3 hours straight...she's almost as big as Lauren.

I think that's a lot of the problem. She looks older than she really is. I think we expect her to act more like Lauren when she's not even 2 1/2 yet. But, the kid is so headstrong. At least, Lauren didn't scream and fight for her way so hard. I'm frightened for the teenage years and often imagine the fights about curfew and boys that we'll have.

Hopefully the upcoming move will help us start anew. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

L'Hôte said...

Good thing she's so darn cute. I think Meggie's a blast!

loves,
Candice

Janna said...

That's ironic because all three of our children are perfectly well behaved at church.

Hahahahaha. And sigh.

I hope it gets better for you guys!!