Sunday, December 11, 2011

ASHP Midyear: New Orleans 2011

Although I went to New Orleans for a Hospital Pharmacy Conference, I did have plenty of opportunities to explore this amazing city...
 Lower 9th Ward -- Brad Pitt Homes

 Mississippi River
 Jackson Square (AKA Place D'Armes)

 St. Louis Cathedral
 Canal Street
 Architecture on Bourbon Street
 Oldest Pharmacy (Museum) in the United States
 ?
 Near Cafe Du Monde



 The Spotted Cat on Frenchman Street for live New Orleans Old Timey Jazz

The food in New Orleans was fantastic... I wish I could eat like this everyday...
 Beignets at Cafe Du Monde

 Grilled Oysters 
Jambalaya, Gumbo, Red Beans and Rice, and Andouille Sausage 

 Oysters Desire (broiled oysters with Parmesan cheese)

 The best--and second--Filet Mignon I've ever had
 
Shrimp Creole may be my new favorite... 

Cajun fried chicken, Jambalaya, and coleslaw 
(not pictured: fried clams, shrimp, crawdads, and oysters appetizer)

Even the grilled shrimp Po'Boy that I got at a food court near the convention center was great!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Take me!

Denise Farrington said...

Ryan,

What a great trip! Amazing food and scenery. Take all of us next time!

Love,
Mom

L'Hôte said...

Sweet trip! Glad you got some free time to esplore. Would love to hear more deets when we see you in UT.

Candice