Sunday, June 29, 2014

Undergrad Dream Journal

I kept a dream journal as an undergrad at BYU one summer. As a film studies major, I thought that I could mine my dreams for fantastic ideas to incorporate into short stories and movies. Also, being a part-time security guard, I worked an erratic schedule that paired graveyard shifts with day shifts and so I was always getting woken up mid REM sleep, which helped me remember some bizarre details. As you can tell from the following entry, the experiment wasn't entirely successful. For posterity...

Entry dated 7/23/02

Why did Levar Burton pay my house in Sandy a visit? I dunno, but he was very well-received and very professional. I bid him farewell then he shook my hand and left. He wasn't as tall as I expected him to be.


2 comments:

Denise Farrington said...

Really Ryan? Did you meet Lavar? Cool!

Denise Farrington said...

I read your dream journal again and now I get it!! Duh!! Fun dream!